Dennis Crow MusicSpecializing in Showtunes
Click Here for my Full Schedule
Into the Woods is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by James Lapine. The musical intertwines the plots of several Brothers Grimm and Charles Perrault fairy tales, exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. The main characters are taken from “Little Red Riding Hood”, “Jack and the Beanstalk”, “Rapunzel”, and “Cinderella”, as well as several others. The musical is tied together by a story involving a childless baker and his wife and their quest to begin a family (the original beginning of The Grimm Brothers’ “Rapunzel”), their interaction with a witch who has placed a curse on them, and their interaction with other storybook characters during their journey.
The musical debuted in San Diego at the Old Globe Theatre in 1986 and premiered on Broadway on November 5, 1987, where it won several Tony Awards, including Best Score, Best Book, and Best Actress in a Musical (Joanna Gleason), in a year dominated by The Phantom of the Opera (1988). The musical has since been produced many times, with a 1988 US national tour, a 1990 West End production, a 1997 tenth anniversary concert, a 2002 Broadway revival, a 2010 London revival, and in 2012 as part of New York City’s outdoor Shakespeare in the Park series.
Puerto Vallarta, Jal. Mexico
TELL MY FATHER CD
SONGS IN MY HEART CD
Some of her music:
- Carpenters – Close To You and Other Hits – YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRoEBi29Keg
- Karen Carpenter – Goodbye to Love – YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvxET1lcAnY
- Carpenters – Only Yesterday – YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evETS8_WFGE
- Carpenters – Rainy Days And Mondays – YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjFoQxjgbrs
- (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU~Karen Carpenter
- SOMETIMES (Karen Carpenter) ~ The Carpenters (Live) 1971
This book is quite comprehensive and contains about 890 pages of lyrics to the musicals I play, and the shows are all arranged alphabetically. It also contains all the songs I play within each show arranged by the order that I play them, so there is no flipping back and forth, or losing your place while trying to read the lyrics on your phone.